Hedychium coccineum Buch.-Ham. ex Sm.
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: Indian Subcontinent to China (S. Yunnan, Guangxi)
- Habitat: Understory of open primary semi-evergreen forest.
- Culture: Can be maintained evergreen with light watering in winter, though technically still dormant (no growth). May lose foliage if allowed to dry completely, but this is not mandatory.
- Accession # 201900194
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#2002087
Kress, W. J., Thet Htun, Bordelon, M., Sein Tun
Myanmar: Kachin State: Moe Hnyin Township
Nanyinkha Forest Reserve at south end of Indawgyi Lake, six miles from main road to Lone Ton.
25.0197, 96.2203, 28 Feb 2002
herb; Shoots to 75 cm, rhizomes yellow inside.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3211 - ZING:Research Curcuma
- Currently: dormant
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 06-18-2020
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Zingiberoideae
- Tribe: Zingibereae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Monday, 06 May, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Monday, 06 May, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Monday, 15 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Wed, 10 Nov 2021 08:45:20 -0500 [bcm v4.0]