Curcuma viridiflora Roxb.
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: Thailand to Lesser Sunda Is. (Bali)
- Habitat: Understory of moist upper mixed deciduous forest.
- Accession # 201900174
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#1997133
Kress, W. J., , Bell, D. A., (BOT), Smithsonian Institution - National Museum of Natural History (UNITED STATES), Thet Htun
Myanmar: Sagaing Division: Kani Township
Alaungdaw Kathapa National Park; Butolong Reserve, between Thebeik Sae Base Camp and Pagoda.
22.3175, 94.4678, 16 Jul 1997
Herb with shoots to 1.3 m, leaves green.
Infl. terminal on leafy shoots.
Bracts spiral, upper sterile bracts white with purple apices, lower bracts green with purple apices.
Flowers: corolla cream, labellum yellow with deep yellow central stripe.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3205 - ZING:tbd
- Currently: active - new growth
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 05-23-2023
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Zingiberoideae
- Tribe: Zingibereae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Wednesday, 17 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Wed, 24 May 2023 08:09:30 -0400 [bcm v4.0]