Zingiber aff. roseum (Roxb.) Roscoe
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: S. & E. India to China (SW. Yunnan)
- Habitat: Understory of pandanus forest on drained slopes above low wet area.
- Accession # 201900243
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#1999181
Kress, W. J., Bordelon, M., Williams, K. J., Thet Htun
Myanmar: Shan State: Nawnghkio Township
Road between Pyin-Oo-Lwin and Nawnghkio; 25 miles NE of Pyin-Oo-Lwin.
22.1778, 96.6539, 02 Jul 1999
Herb with shoots to 1 m in height, leaves entirely dark green.
Inflorescence on short basal shoot, bracts red, essentially subterranean.
Flowers: petals reddish, labellum white, anther appendage yellow with red apex.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3207 - ZING: Zingiber
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 12-14-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Zingiberoideae
- Tribe: Zingibereae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Last accessed on Sunday, 23 June, 2019.
- WCSP (2015). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Last accessed on Sunday, 23 June, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:41 -0500 [bcm v4.0]