Globba marantina L.
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Synonym(s): Globba bulbifera Roxb.
- Country of Origin: China (S. Yunnan) to Trop. Asia, Queensland (Murray I.)
- Habitat: Understory of high indaing forest.
- Accession # 201900271
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#1997130A
Rcvd as Globba bulbifera Roxb.
Kress, W. J., Bell, D. A., (BOT), Smithsonian Institution - National Museum of Natural History (UNITED STATES), Thet Htun
Myanmar: Sagaing Division: Kani Township
Alaungdaw Kathapa National Park, between Kabaign and Thebeik Sae base camp. Magu range; approx. 10 miles from camp. Butolong Reserve.
22.3167, 94.4667, 15 Jul 1997
Herb. Shoots to 50 cm, leaves green.
Inflorescence terminal; bracts green; congested.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3209 - ZING: Globba
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 12-14-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Zingiberoideae
- Tribe: Globbeae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) (as Globba bulbifera) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Wednesday, 17 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:45 -0500 [bcm v4.0]