Platycerium grande (A. Cunn.) J. Sm.
- Common Name:
- Family: Polypodiaceae Bercht. & J. Presl.
- Country of Origin: Philippines
- Description: Giant tropical epiphyte that often grows on coconut palms in habitat. True Platycerium grande in rare in cultivation, where the related P. superbum is often confused with it. Mature plants of P. grande produce two spore patches on each fertile leaf, while the Australian P. superbum produces only one.
Additional images for this accession:Click on thumbnails to enlarge
- Accession # 199900003
- Source: Matt Opel - from spore collected Logees
- Accession Date: 03-08-1999
- Bench: 1114 - Ferns South
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 03-03-2014
- Division: Ferns
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Order: Polypodiales
- Family: Polypodiaceae
- SubFamily: Platycerioideae
data regenerated on Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:13:03 -0500